Thursday, October 27, 2011

Free Write

I just had to turn off the TV. The noise of all the political chatter is really getting to me. Politics are everywhere, even on my favorite sitcoms. I just need peace before I go to pieces. Breathing in and out helps but really all I want to do is listen to the radio. I turned on my Pandora channel tonight and listened to songs from the 1990s. I just wanted to be reminded of simpler times. Like high school. I think I may be one of the few what wasn’t decimated by my high school experience. I loved high school. I had the best friends and all the freedom a 17 year old could want. Freedom really doesn’t begin until you can drive. That’s why sophomore year always sucks. My parents let me use the car pretty much whenever I wanted; I was a good kid, being a good kid has its perks. I could miss curfew with just a lift of an eye brow from my Dad. I just made sure I was in by curfew the next few times so that when I wanted to stay out late I could.


Even the longest Michigan winter doesn’t last as long with friends. One time my friends and I all jumped into the car and headed to Bay City. Since we lived in the sticks it was biggest city closest to us. We went there a lot. I remember parties, tray surfing at McDonalds in the snow, and just feeling alive and happily clueless all at the same time. I miss the warmth of my coat around me as I walked around in the freezing winter nights sliding on the ice covered road dreaming of what life had in store for me. I watched my breath and looked up at the clear diamond covered blackness. Oh to be that girl again.

***Just thought I would share some of my free writing. I free write before I start on my other writings so that I can get the  creative juices flowing. Music really helps too.

3 comments:

Keeping up with the Bonacci's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

Ah, the good old days. :)

Metrox Jomuad said...

Nice experience.

http://wordsovereignty.blogspot.com/