Tuesday, May 31, 2011

41 Weeks and Counting

Here I sit, belly encrouching upon the keyboard as I write, still pregnant. Sigh...many sighs. I was really hoping that this baby would be born by his due date (may 24th) or just past it, but no. We are upon day eight of delay.

I went to the midwife today for some tests. Every thing is healthy. The baby are I are strong. The baby is getting huge. According to the sonogram he could weigh 8lbs 3 oz. I don't put much stock into that. I say he is either bigger or smaller. Hopefully a little smaller, for my sake!  My midwife told me that she would induce me tomorrow but then she checked me and changed her mind. Friday, June 3rd, is now the day. She wants me to have a little more time to rippen. I agree, I would like an easy induction, like my first.

 Maybe, just maybe I will go on my own before then. That would be nice. But I often wonder if perhaps  my body doesn't know how to go into labor at all since it never has. Time will tell.  For now I find comfort in knowing that Friday my gestation period will have ended and I will have a baby in my arms and not in my belly.

4 comments:

Ms. JMU said...

i know how you feel. maybe when you have your third your body will "get it" and go into labor on it's own. only two more days! and then the baby love can start

BerginMania said...

June 3rd is Diane's birthday. :) Not a bad one if you ask me. Hang in there. He'll be in your arms in no time.

Emily H said...

Diva, I'll be thinking about you...hoping everything goes well on Friday!

TexasBlueEyes said...

Start doing a lot of walking, help that baby drop down!