Friday, April 29, 2011

The Reason Why

It seems that I am the worst after having too much sugar and not eating enough protein. It’s amazing how what we eat affects us.


I told my midwife about a month ago that I found myself getting very emotional around mid-morning. 10:30 am hit and I was crying over something. She told me to eat something around 10 so that my blood sugar wouldn't begin to drop. She said that was what was probably making me feel emotional. I did what she asked and it worked. I was crying less and eating more often. But then Easter came! Candy! The more I ate the lower I felt. But I didn’t realize it until this past Tuesday hit and I cried all day long. Then someone told me about peanut butter and to eat it as I began to feel anxious or worried or sad. I have and it seems to be helping even though today I feel low again. I ate too many brownies yesterday I guess.

I really want these last few weeks to go by quickly. I can't take being this sensitive and this huge! I want to be able to see me feet again. I want to be able to take long walks without having to worry if there is a bathroom near by. I would really like to breathe with ease. I hate complaining about pregnancy because it really is a wonderful time and a very cool thing, but enough is enough :) I think I'll go take a nap now. I probably could use more of those too.









5 comments:

Sunshine said...

Well. You can take me however you want to but I love you and I'm just going to say it.
Get off the sugar and white flour. Drink about 8 glasses of water by lunch with 2 of them coming before you eat anything and preffably the first being warm if you can and exercize every day and I promise you that you won't be in tears anymore in another 2 weeks. Couple more notes. You do have to continue drinking the water. And if you go for a brisk walk outside you'll feel the best effects from your excercize. My recommendation is alternate walking and yoga. I do hope you feel better. You won't regret taking my advice but even if you don't, just do the best you can and hang in there. Thankfully pregnancy doesn't last forever.

Emily H said...

What you eat definitely has an effect on you. I can only speak from a non-pregnant point of view, but I know that many, many times my mood has been extreme in one way or another because of what I was eating, or not eating. I hope you feel better!

Carolyn said...

Kristin,

Even though we haven't seen each other in almost 15 years, a lot of what you have written rings true to me too. I have found, after having Quin, that dairy does not work that great for me. Quin had a dairy intolerance and I couldn't even look at food with the words "milk protein" in them without him getting sick, let alone eat them.

I agree with finding the foods that work for your body. You have to keep trying and trying and it takes several weeks before you see any progress. (Dairy takes a minimum of 2 weeks to leave your system; not sure on other foods.) Currently I am using soy milk in my cereal instead of cows milk and it is helping a lot. My weight came off very easily with Quin since I was a meat (and egg and honey) eating vegan.

You can and will survive the rest of your pregnancy. I promise. Good Luck!

Sarah said...

Have I told you that I cry every time I watch Tangled. EVERY time.

Becca said...

naps and peanut butter are some of the best cures in my life. Hang in there. It's okay to complain. It's hard. I hope to come see you my friend very soon. Then we can nap and eat protein together:)